The op5 Monitor Enterprise solution includes a set of options for maximum flexibility, scalability and redundancy demands. As the production of business critical IT services are being highly distributed, including layers of outsourced services, cloud based infrastructure and services and general virtualization it creates new demands on how to best and most accurate build your monitoring solution.
The basic configuration
This is an example:
- The basic way of starting of is to install op5 Monitor Enterprise. This is normally a standalone server, physical or virtual.
Set up an redundant and load balanced monitoring
- Install Monitor Enterprise Redundancy on a second machine
- Enables full redundancy and load balancing between the two servers
- Enables intelligent configuration i.e. any change what so ever in either of the servers will automatically be replicated to the other.
Adding one or many op5 Monitor Peers
If you have multiple sites, for example one help desk in the US and one in Europe, adding a Peer extends the same functionality as a the Redundant server
- Enables full redundancy and load balancing between the three servers
- Enables intelligent configuration i.e. any change what so ever in either of the servers will automatically be replicated to the others
- All features available in op5 Monitor Enterprise is available in the Peer
- The standard op5 Monitor Enterprise contract may include the use of up to 25 Peers.
Adding one or many op5 Monitor Pollers
An op5 Poller is an intelligent local data collector. It collects all data check results locally and forwards it to the configured Peer. Its used for local implementation or for network security reasons.
- A poller can also be installed as a cloud service. This enables monitoring of services from an outside view. This is useful for monitoring usability, application respons times and general web application availability and performance.