Preferably, you will have carried out some simple preparation based on clear instructions provided by us before we or one of our partners come to you. This preparation can easily be done by a member of your IT department. The first day of installation typically goes as follows:
Phase 1 – Installation
- Review of the IT production environment
- Installation and configuration of op5 system (OS)
- Installation of op5 Monitor
- Configuration of op5 Monitor
- Installation of any add-on products, e.g. GSM-modem, temperature probes, etc
- Creating and configuration of the monitored objects, e.g.servers, switches and routers.
- Verification of monitoring and alerts via email and text messaging.
- If time allows, we can help by providing examples of more advanced monitoring and reporting.
Phase 2 – Follow up and fine tuning
Usually, we or one of our partners carry out phase 2 a few weeks after phase 1, the installation. This makes it possible to for us to tailor product configurations to fit your organization needs. Phase 2 is, of course, based on your requirements. However, the following are examples of what can be included:
- Fine tuning alarm levels
- Checking backup routines
- Updating maps and dependencies
- Creating and configuring services (for example, monitoring services and applications)
Phase 3 – Training
All GoodStart packages contain at least two days of scheduled training in Stockholm. Training provides the opportunity to gain the knowledge necessary to maintain and perform configuration of op5 Monitor. More information and booking for op5 Training