Records in this category
- Is it possible and allowed to run custom queries against op5 LogServer's database?
- Is it possible to monitor logs from OpenVMS?
- From which products can we get logs? Can we, e.g. Get them from Clavister?
- I use Log4J (Java) to initiate logs from applications, how does op5 LogServer manage this?
- The customer has a PID pool on 25 PID# which is rotated during the day, i.e. The same application/process can have different PID# at different times during the day. What is the easiest way to identify this in order to be able to filter the correct object?
- If more than one application is running on the same host, what is the easiest way of identifying which application sent which message?
- If you send Windows Events to LogServer, using a LogServer agent, is the whole message stored?
- Is it possible to empty the logs before archiving?
- How are logs from Checkpoint firewalls managed?
- How does access control work in LogServer?
- How can I restrict the heavy logging from my Cisco PIX or Cisco ASA?
- How do I reset the admin users password?
- Why doesn't the Syslog Agent start on Windows 2000 SP4?
- What should be logged from Cisco routers and switches?
- How do I integrate op5 LogServer with op5 monitor?
- Can op5 monitor SNORT?
If more than one application is running on the same host, what is the easiest way of identifying which application sent which message?
The easiest way is to initiate logging (similar to openlog(3) in C programming) with 'application/user' or 'application/function' (as, e.g. postfix does) in the ident string. If different instances of the application are doing different things, you can also initiate logging using different facilities in order to differentiate.
- What support is available for MySQL (locks, db fill-rate, load)?
- Is there any sort of logging monitoring? What can really be done without LogServer?
- What support is there for monitoring Windows Event logs?
- Can fail-over clusters be monitored and how are SLAs defined?
- Is it possible to monitor IBM i (AS/400)?
- How do I troubleshoot the GSM Modem / GSM Gateway / GSM Terminal?
- Change contact groups in existing config. Question: What is the easiest way of changing contact groups for different objects in an existing configuration?
- Is there support for monitoring AntiVirus McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator?
- Is there support for monitoring Onebridge sync server 4.2?
- What support is there for monitoring Secure Gateway?
4860/13%Last update: 2011-08-23 10:52
Author: Support Team
You cannot comment on this entry