Records in this category
- Is there support for Notes/Domino?
- Change contact groups in existing config. Question: What is the easiest way of changing contact groups for different objects in an existing configuration?
- Is there support for monitoring AntiVirus McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator?
- Is there support for monitoring BackupExec X335?
- Is there support for monitoring Onebridge sync server 4.2?
- What support is there for monitoring Maximo J2E?
- What support is there for monitoring Secure Gateway?
- What support is there for monitoring IIS?
- Is there LDAP support for logging-in rights?
- Is it possible to monitor FlexLM ? (license management system)
- How do i setup op5 Monitor to dial a contact when something happens outside workinghours?
- Is it possible to set up a services or check_command with an $ in one of the arguments?
- Why do I get unreachable notifications about a child host when a parent host is down. Shouldn't I only be notified about the parent host?
- I would like to monitor a process with a specific argument.
- How can a problem be acknowledged using a text message (SMS)?
- How do I use ssh: links from my Windows Browser?
- How do i secure my op5 installation?
- How can vmware ESX Server be monitored?
- How do I setup op5 Monitor in a distributed monitoring environment?
- How do I integrate op5 Monitor authentication with Microsoft Active Directory?
- How do I install VMware vSphere SDK for Perl, needed to monitor VMware vSphere etc?
- How do I tune my op5 Monitor configuration?
- Can I restart services automaticly when based on alerts in op5 Monitor?
- How do I use op5 Monitor to monitor my HP printers?
- How do I setup commands and services for the door sensors?
- I cannot login to Monitor and I get no error message
- How do I monitor VMware ESX(i), vSphere 4 and vCenter Server?
- How do I use op5 Monitor REST API?
How do i setup op5 Monitor to dial a contact when something happens outside workinghours?
In op5 Monitor 3.2 you have a command called 'notify_dial.pl' under '/opt/monitor/op5/notify/', this uses 'AT' Commands to dial the pager nr of the contact. You will not hear a voice telling you what the problem is, all you will hear is a "FAX tone", the purpose it so wake you up so you can read the sms with the problem. How to set it up: Login to your Monitor server as user 'root' and verify that the script has the +x flag. # ll /opt/monitor/op5/notify/notify_dial.pl -rwxrwxr-x 1 root root 2841 Nov 8 13:43 /opt/monitor/op5/notify/notify_dial.pl if it doesn't you set it with command: # chmod a+x /opt/monitor/op5/notify/notify_dial.pl Now login to the webconfig and go to the "Command configuration" * Add a new command * command_name: notify-dial * command_line: $USER3$/notify/notify_dial.pl "$CONTACTPAGER$" * FILE: etc/misccommands.cfg [Apply Changes] Then Press "Save" in the upper right corner. Create a contact as normal, (you can clone your sms contact) change the following values: host_notification_commands: notify-dial service_notification_commands: notify-dial Give the field Pager the phonenr to dial, IMPORTANT!! no countrycode just the plain number, eg 0735xxxxxx Now op5 Monitor server will dial the number in case of emergency. Best Regards Mattias RyrlÃ©n op5 Support
- What support is available to monitor Microsoft Active Directory, AD?
- How do I monitor an Oracle database server?
- Is it possible to monitor SNMP-traps?
- Is there any sort of logging monitoring? What can really be done without LogServer?
- What support is there for monitoring Windows Event logs?
- Is it possible to monitor if a DHCP server can issue addresses?
- Is it possible to monitor firewalls (Nokia/FW1)?
- Is it possible to monitor 3COM switches 3300, 4400, 5500, 4050?
- Is it possible to monitor WAN-links?
- Is it possible to monitor NMAP port scanning parsing?
7095/19%Last update: 2011-08-23 11:32
Author: Support Team
You cannot comment on this entry