Records in this category
- When checking Swap usage (pagingfile usage) on non US-english windows servers, the check returns UNKNOWN state. How can this be solved?
- How do I monitor Microsoft Active Directory with op5 Monitor?
- How do I monitor Microsoft SQL Server?
- How do I monitor Microsoft Windows performance counters, with op5 Monitor?
- Is it possible to use NSClient++ to monitor response time?
- How do I monitor Microsoft clustered servers with op5 Monitor?
- How do I start monitoring Microsoft Windows servers?
- How do I monitor a specific Microsoft windows eventid with op5 Monitor?
- I cannot login to Monitor and I get no error message
- How do I monitor my windows with WMI
- NSClient: pdh collection thread not running On Windows Server 2003, 32-bit, with language pack installed it's not possible to check Uptime, Mem Usage and CPU Load. The checks result in the following state and error-message: UNKNOWN NSClient error: pdh collection thread not running
How do I monitor a specific Microsoft windows eventid with op5 Monitor?
You can use a function builtin to NSClient. The function is called CheckEventLog. Download our latest version of NSClient from http://www.op5.com/get-op5-monitor/download.
When you have installed the agent you only have to create a new check command like this:
$USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c CheckEventLog -a filter=new file=$ARG1$ filter+eventID==$ARG2$ filter-generated=\<$ARG3$ MaxWarn=$ARG4$ MaxCrit=$ARG5$ descriptions unique
Create a service that uses the check command above:
This service will now check for event-id 18456 in the Application log and warn you if it finds five or more events with that id during the latest hour. You will get a critical if it finds ten or more.
The complete documentation for CheckEventLog can be found here: http://nsclient.org/nscp/wiki/CheckEventLog/CheckEventLog
- What support is available to monitor Microsoft Active Directory, AD?
- How do I monitor an Oracle database server?
- Is support available for monitoring backup-robots, e.g. Overland Storage Loaderxpress?
- Is it possible to monitor SNMP-traps?
- What support is there for monitoring Exchange?
- Is there any sort of logging monitoring? What can really be done without LogServer?
- What support is there for monitoring Windows Event logs?
- Is it possible to monitor if a DHCP server can issue addresses?
- Is it possible to monitor firewalls (Nokia/FW1)?
- Is it possible to monitor 3COM switches 3300, 4400, 5500, 4050?
5447/14%Last update: 2012-05-25 12:18
Author: Martin Kamijo
You cannot comment on this entry