SNMP Rule Based Trap Handler Extension
op5 Monitor receives standard SNMP traps out of the box. By adding the SNMP Rule Based Trap Handler to your op5 Monitor will give further functionality:
- Traps stored in local database for intelligent filter and rule handling
- Handling of status changes i.e. a status is change when you or a rule decides so
- Build your own filters and rules
- Example: Trap A is received and that is ok, but if Trap B is received within x minutes then status is not ok.
- Enables you to save “state” status between many traps
- Traps are handled as passive checks in Monitor Enterprise
- Alarms and events are stored as events and as such also SLA, event and Availability reports
Adding the Trap Handler Extension to your Monitor Enterprise can greatly reduce time spend on handling traps.