op5 Monitor is a complete monitoring solution that can be shipped as a virtual server or on a 19″ appliance server ready to be implement into your IT environment. The servers contains all necessary software needed to run op5 Monitor on a hardware or virtual server. It also includes administrative features such as:
- System backup & restore
- SMS alarm configuration
- Email settings for alarm distribution
- Network time settings
This turnkey Network Monitoring Server include service and support for the hardware. If a hardware problem should occur the server is replaced within 24 hours.
What Hardware To Choose?
|op5 Appliance Server||Entry||Standard||Large|
|Recommended for||Up to 300
|Up to 2000
|Up to 10.000
|19” – 1U optimized server|
|op5 LogServer Extension||-|
|Mail Server for notification|
|Processor||1 x Xeon E3-1220v2||1 x Xeon E5-2420||2 x Xeon E5-2620|
|Hard drive||1 x 500 GB SATA||2 x 300 GB SAS RAID 1||4 x 300 GB SAS RAID 10|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB||24 GB|
|Dual Power Supplies||-|
|Out-of-band management (iDRAC)||-|
|op5 Standard Support replacement -
8×5 next business day
|op5 Extended Support replacement – 24×7, 4 hours||Optional||Optional||Optional|
- op5 Entry System; For companies with up to 300 actively monitored Monitored Devices
- op5 Standard System: For companies with up to 2000 monitored Monitored Devices
- op5 Large System: For companies with over 2000 monitored Monitored Devices
The choice of system is dependent on the size of the IT environment you wish to monitor, such as the number of ”checks” you want to perform per host and your need for redundancy. We have customers in all sizes, monitoring everything between twenty devices up to customers with thousands of monitored devices and hundreds of thousands of checks. Do not hesitate to contact us if you are uncertain and we will come back to you with an answer.
Upgrading, Scaling and Redundancy
All the systems support redundancy and load balancing. This allows for a system design with several op5 Monitor systems configured together.
The Benefits of choosing op5 Appliance Server:
- Single point of contact: op5 supports the full stack, hardware, operating system (op5 Appliance System) and op5 Monitor
- SMS, Mail, Timesync and more configurable from web-gui
- op5 service hardware support and when the support for the HW expires, op5 will contact the customer to update the hardware
- op5 provide the software repositories for both operating system and op5 software and therefore full support
If you choose to run on own hardware and operating system:
- You must verify that the hardware are supported by the operating system and has the required functionality like serial interface, dual NICs, RAID controller and so on.
- You are responsible if the chosen operating system require a license.
- You are responsible for installing and configure the operating system
- You are responsible for having support on hardware and operating system
- If a problem arise, op5 can only deliver support on op5 software and cannot take any responsibility for the hardware and operating system that is provided by other vendors
- Software updates is provided by several repositories and op5 can only provide support on op5 repositories.
It is not possible to install op5 Appliance Software (the operating system) on own hardware.