op5 Monitor Advanced Training CourseWhere: Aktiviteten, Kista Entre, Stockholm
Duration: 09:00 to 17:00
Contact: op5 Events Team, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Take your network monitoring skills a step further and realize more of the possibilities offered by op5 Monitor. This course will in-depth teach you advanced monitoring of services and applications, also how you can create your own, customized plug-in to op5 Monitor.
You will be sent an invoice after registration.
All courses are held in English if nothing else is stated. Local languages can be used if all attendees speak the language.
Who should attend?
Course attendants are typically a system administrator or network engineer who is responsible for the configuration, development or maintenance of the op5 products. Course attendants should also have experience working with op5 products.
- Fulfilled basic training course for op5 Monitor
- Experience working with op5 Monitor for at least 6 months or equivalent Nagios/Cacti experience.
- At least 2 years experience of working as a system administrator or network engineer
- Experience with any programming or scripting language would be considered an advantage
- Introduction and basic work flow
- Monitoring an IT-service
- What do we need to know
- How can that data be retrieved
- Where/how to look for new commands, plug-ins and SNMP OID’s
- SLA- and OLA-service groups for reporting
- Remote plugin execution (custom usage of NRPE on UNIX and Windows)
- Notification escalations
- Monitoring service and host clusters
- Plugin development
- Deploying op5 Monitor in a number of settings and situations for multiple sites, divisions, and installations.
- How to monitor via bad network links
- Advanced monitoring of services and applications, for example:
- Windows performance counters
- Websites with webinject
- Memory and CPU-usage for specific processes
- op5 LogServer
- Build log filter
- Log monitoring
Seats available: 10 seat(s) still available.